To Our Beloved Santa Monica Wellness Center Community,
It has been always been our honor and our intention to support our patients on their healing journeys by providing compassionate care at our clinic.
However, we realize an important step in supporting our patients as well as the global community at this time is to support the social distancing necessary for the wellbeing of all.
Therefore, as we follow the guidance of local and state officials, we have temporarily closed the Santa Monica Wellness Center to in-person appointments until at least April 30, longer if necessary. We will update this blog post with new details when available as we are monitoring the situation closely. It has become clear the best way to support our staff, patients, and community is to temporarily close our clinic. We genuinely love providing our services to our amazing patients, so please know you are in our hearts, and we look forward to connecting in person in the near future.
If you are already a patient at SMWC and need supplement refills or would like a Virtual Health appointment, please reach out via email to email@example.com.
In the meantime, we recommend that you:
1.) Please contact your medical doctor if you become ill with fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
2.) Follow the CDC guidelines regarding washing your hands, touching your face, coughing or sneezing into a tissue and discarding it, travel recommendations, social distancing, and more. You can follow updates regarding Los Angeles here.
3.) Consider steps to support your immune system (click on links for detailed info):
- Sleep at least seven hours a night.
- Hydrate well. Click here for tips on how to upgrade hydration habits.
- Support optimal immunity and peace of mind with qigong, meditation, getting into nature (that includes spending time in your garden, front or back yard, enjoying the beauty that spring has to offer).
- Eat nutrient-dense foods, including good sources of zinc, selenium, Vitamin A, immune-supporting mushrooms, greens such as kale (recipes here) prebiotics, incorporating more herbs and spices into your food, such as tumeric and ginger.
- Reduce sugar intake – find tips on how to overcome cravings here.
- Check in with your breath to make sure you’re breathing properly, enhancing oxygen uptake.
- Build emotional resilience with this practice.
- Get the appropriate amount of sunlight for Vitamin D.
- Consider foods and lifestyle practices for seasonal support from the wisdom of the Chinese Medicine tradition.
Thank you for the honor to be of service to abundant health and well being, and we look forward to when we can connect again in person.
From the SMWC family to yours, we wish you healthy and harmony always.